If your student is ill, please keep them home until their symptoms have improved, they are feeling better, and they meet the following parameters:
- They have been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
- They have not vomited or had diarrhea for 24 hours.
- If they are coughing, we encourage you to have them wear a mask at school until their cough has resolved.
*If your student is a close contact and has even mild symptoms, they must receive a negative test result prior to returning to school; both antigen (rapid) and PCR tests are accepted. The results must be submitted to the nurse prior to their return.
If you have not done so already, you may sign your student up for either or both, of the options by clicking the links below:
Returning to school after Covid infection:
If your student tests positive for Covid, please follow the below guidelines:
- Contact the school nurse when you receive a positive test result.
- Students may return on “day 6”, with the date of the positive test serving as “day zero” under these circumstances:
- Their symptoms have resolved.
- They have been fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- The school nurse has been notified about their intent to return.
- Students returning must wear masks at all times through “day 10”.
- Students will be required to eat lunch in a designated room through “day 10”. They will not be allowed to leave campus so they must either bring their lunch, or use the online order form from Little Sandwich Shop for delivery to the school.
- On “day 11” the student may resume normal activities.