Shadow Appointments –We ask that all shadow appointment be completed by the end of March. If your student has not yet shadowed and would like to, please call 508-778-1782 to make an appointment.
March 27- due date for completion of the Incoming Student Form.
May 16- placement exam for math and optional placement exam for French, Spanish, Latin. Exams will begin at 8:30 a.m. and each exam will last approximately one hour. Parents are invited to stay for a meet and greet event sponsored by the Sturgis Parent Association and a presentation by Patrick O’Kane, Principal of Sturgis East.
May ??- Fall Sports sign-ups. Fall sports include boys soccer, girls soccer, boys and girls golf, boys and girls cross country, field hockey and volley ball. If your child is interested in participating in a fall sport, please visit our athletics page.
August ??- Convocation
September 2- First Day of School
September ??? – Freshmen Field Trip to Camp Burgess
Let’s Get Started
In order to get you ready for the new school year, here is a quick list of important information regarding transportation and supplies needed.
- Supplies: Students will receive supply lists by individual teachers the first week of school. See info regarding required Graphing Calculators.
- Lunch Options: Sturgis students are welcome to bring their lunches (we have refrigerators and microwaves for student use). They are also allowed to leave the campus for lunch after the first week of school. The Little Sandwich Shop also takes orders and delivers meals to the campus. Please see their menu here. Students qualifying for our free and reduced lunch program order lunch through Little Sandwich Shop. If you believe your child may qualify for this program, please fill out this on-line application.
- Convocation: The convocation for parents and students is August ?? This event is held at 529 Main Street. Students and parents will hear a presentation by our Executive Director. Faculty will be introduced. Students will have an opportunity to meet their Advisors.
- First Day of School: The first day of school is September 2. Cape Cod Regional Transit does not begin its Sturgis route until after Labor Day.
- School Hours: The school day starts at 8:20am and ends at 3:10pm.
- Transportation: Scroll down for options.
Where Are You Coming From?
Barnstable students have school bus transportation provided by Five Star Bus Company. The Five Star Bus Company should be contacting you regarding bus routes.
Upper-Cape, Harwich, Chatham
There are bus routes to Sturgis from the Cape Cod Regional Transit.
Plymouth and Sagamore
The Bridge Bus, a parent-funded commuter schools bus which runs from Plymouth to Sagamore Beach and down to the Sturgis schools in Hyannis, has a few open seats this Fall. Cost is $1420, paid in full by July 30. Please fill out the Google doc below if you’d like to be added to the waitlist. As seats open, we fill them from the waitlist.
We have a group on Facebook called The Bridge Bus Parents Group – please request to join for more information. This is the main way we communicate.
The bus picks up at Exit 5 in Plymouth (Panera Bread) at 6:45am, then proceeds to the Park & Ride in Sagamore Beach and picks up at 7:10am, then proceeds to the Sturgis Schools. The bus is usually back in Sagamore Beach dropping off students at 4:10pm and in Plymouth around 4:30pm. The bus follows the school calendar and all half days, late starts, and early releases.
For more information, please call Kate Conway (508) 415-1295 or join the conversation on Facebook.
Don’t delay – we fill quickly!