Incoming Students Information
Preparing for the New School Year:
- Request to Transfer Student Records
Please print and fill out THIS FORM and return it to the campus that your child will be attending. Mailing Addresses:
- Course Selection Form
All incoming students need to fill out THIS FORM to select the languages they would like to take as well as their elective. Please return this form, along with the Request to Transfer Student Records to the campus that your child will be attending.
- Placement Test: Saturday, June 7th
We administer screening tests in Math, Latin, Spanish, and French to determine the appropriate course placement for each student. Students should bring 2 #2 pencils and plan on spending 1 hour per test.
For all mathematics classes at Sturgis, we require students to have their own graphing calculator each day in class.
Click here for details on the type of calculator to purchase (PDF).
- Set up an IParent Account
Click HERE to see our video tutorial on setting up and using an iParent account. Please take a few moments to set up an account on IParent. Click here for the link.
IParent is our online communication tool for parents. You will see the Personal Information that we have for you and your students and be able to request changes (email, phone numbers, etc). Once the school year starts, you will also be able to view your child's schedule on line. Progress Reports and Report Cards are also posted through IParent.
- Summer Reading List and Letter: Please CLICK HERE to see the Summer Reading List.
- Health Office:
Please see the health office page of the school website to view the physical exam policy and the medication policy. Even if your child will NOT require medication on a regular basis, it is important to view the medication policy.
The following forms, which can be accessed from the Health Office East page, Health Office West page, need to be completed upon entry:
- Health History and Emergency Medical Form for New Students
- Medication Administration Consent and Order Form If medication will need to be administered during school hours, again please view the medication policy.
- The appropriate health care plan if your child has any of the following conditions: A severe allergy, asthma, or diabetes. If your child has any other medical condition that impacts their education please contact the school nurse before the start of the school year.
- School Hours:
The school day starts at 8:20 and ends at 3:10.
- Barnstable students have school bus transportation provided by First Student Bus Company. The First Student Bus Company should be contacting you regarding bus routes.
- There are bus routes to Sturgis from both the Cape Cod Regional Transit and also Plymouth Brockton Bus Lines. See info below:
427 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
105 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601