Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Parent Involvement Survey:
All parents of students receiving Special Education Services are asked to complete
Click here for FAQ flyer.
Click here for Parent flyer.
Contacts for Sturgis East SEPAC:
Susan Lacombe, Special Education Coordinator
Contacts for Sturgis West SEPAC:
Patricia Marcel, Special Education Coordinator
"Create Culture of High Expectations of Students with Disabilities":
Sturgis is highlighted in recent Special Education Connection.
James, Paul. “Create culture of high expectations for students with disabilities.” Special Ed Connection. LRP Publications, 29 November 2012. <http://www.specialedconnection.com>
Our SEPAC is required by the State of MA to serve both an advisory and participatory function. We work closely with Sturgis Public Charter School Special Education Department and Administration.
Suggested Future Presentation Topics:
Reading Based Learning Disabilities
Preparing for College/Independent Living
Basic Rights Workshop (required each year)
The mission of the SEPAC to work for understanding of, respect for, and support of all children with special needs in the community.
- Promote a network of parents of children with special needs & provide the forum to share information.
- Advise the Special Education Coordinator and Board of Trustees on operations and development of special education programs, parent & teacher training needs, and help to develop policy.
- Promote communication between SEPAC members, local, State and National organizations, councils, and groups.
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Provide informational forums to parents, educators, students, and professionals.
We have elected officers now we are looking for some new members. Please join us!
Asperger's Association of New England
Changing Perspectives — Changing Lives
Click HERE to view this document.